Is Fat Healthy? - The Answer Might Scare You

Excess body fat can lead to many different health complications. Added weight means that your heart has to work over-time to get blood to your organs.
 

The strain on your heart can lead to serious conditions such as varicose veins, acid reflux, diabetes, sleep apnea, high blood pressure and heart disease to name a few. Heart disease is the number one cause of death in the United States. That is no wonder since the leading cause of heart disease is being overweight and over 66% of our nation is exactly that. So, is fat healthy?
Your quest for a slimmer body should not be about how you fit into your jeans but how healthy you are.

Is being healthy over-rated? Is fat healthy? I certainly don't think so but I guess that is going to depend on where your priorities are. I like food as much as anyone you will find however, there are some things that I love more than food. For instance, I adore my family. I want to not only be around to watch them grow but I do not want to be a burden to them with poor health.

I also like money more than I do food. It isn't just the cost of the food that is higher when you are fat. According to a Georgetown study, the individual cost for being obese is $4,879 a year for women and $2,626 for men. If a woman invested that much every year over a 40-year working career, she'd have more than $1.2 million at retirement, assuming 8% average annual returns. The man would have nearly $700,000. That is an astonishing figure.

A good starting goal is to lose 10% of your body weight. For a 170 pound person that is 17 pounds. If you weigh in at 250 that would be 25 pounds. This 10% decrease will do wonders for your health. Losing just 10 percent of your body weight, you can lower your cholesterol and reduce your blood pressure. That same 10% will improve your body's ability to use the insulin it makes, possibly preventing the onset of diabetes. If you already have Type II Diabetes, this 10% reduction can improve your symptoms and possibly prevent complications.

I hope you can now answer the question: is fat healthy? I hope you are convinced of the importance in losing weight. I hope you are now wondering how. There are so many weight loss programs and scams on the market today that it gets a bit overwhelming. I had a battle with my weight for many years so I know all about fads from about 1990 until now. I have tried it all and spent a fortune to only gain it back. I finally decided that I was smart enough to do some research and look at weight loss in a more factual approach rather than in desperation to lose weight.

You need to find a program that you can stick with. Extreme diets may produce extreme results but they typically are not a long-term solution. It is highly improbable that you will stick to a diet program that makes you eat only one type of food or highly limits what you can eat. There are programs that address your lifestyle rather than limit your food choices. If you can use these type of programs to start with a 10% weight loss you will see a change in your health and have the motivation to continue a healthier lifestyle.

Brenda Hess is a successful teacher and coach. She has dedicated years of her life to the research and implementation of weight loss plans with varying aspects of diet and exercise. She has been scientifically obese, has completed multiple marathons, and has been everywhere between. Is fat healthy? It is not and she can help you with that. For a free weight Loss Report visit HERE.

Weight loss is a personal journey that can get you great rewards. If you are ready for your journey click here to get your Free Report. I would love to help you change your life and reach your goals because I know you can do it!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Brenda_Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment